Saturday, September 27, 2008

Everyone Loves A Good Chick Flick


You can deny it all you like, but deep down inside Everyone Loves a Good Chick Flick. Personally, I love chick flicks! Just take a closer look at my profile and you will understand.

Yes, I completely get that there is a time and place for Action, Comedy, and Fantasy. If you think about it there is elements of all three of these basic movie genre's highlighted in
Every Great Chick Flick. For example, in the movie Across the Universe (my newest and most favorite movie) it is a love story about Jude, a poor boy from Liverpool, who meets Lucy, an upper class American teenager.

It "is a fictional love story set in the 1960s amid the turbulent years of anti-war protest, the struggle for free speech and civil rights, mind exploration and rock and roll." You automatically get a dose of action in the scenes examining the rioting in the streets and war during this time. The movie did a great job portraying how the 1960s impacted America's young adults.

Greatest part of this movie is that its a musical. All the songs are based on The Beatles songbook! I am a huge Beatles fan so I was automatically hooked. The director did an amazing job matching and translating the music into a script that was easy to follow and understand. This movie will touch the heart of everyone who sees it.

If you are looking for a chick flick that your friends will not make fun of you for. I would highly recommend this one because Everyone Loves a Good Chick Flick. If you have seen Across the Universe, please post your comments!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445922/plotsummary

4 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Can't read your blog. We're watching "Across the Universe" OnDemand over breakfast tomorrow.

James Lutz said...

Hey Cat,
I am a closet chick flick watcher. I was out at a big multiplex with my family. They were all going to an action-adventure movie and I went to see "Over the hedge." (not a chick flick). Just me, a bunch of kids and their folks. Kinda felt weird by myself. I also went to a Melissa Etheridge concert at the State Fair this year with my wife. Let's just say there was no lines for the men's room. Growing up, I was taken to my 2 older sister's Girl Scout meetings (mom couldn't afford a sitter). I learned all their songs by 8 years old. Growing up with sisters helped me relate well to women today. (However, I always dreamed about having an older brother). I remember when I got married, all my wife's friends were so supportive of her. All my friends shook their heads and told me what a fool I was. I always thought it would be cool if men could be a little more helpful to other men.
(p.s. don't let this get around)
Jim Lutz

Raj Servai said...

Hey Cat,

I always hated chick flicks, even brokeup with girls for this reason. But, after my marriage, I have made a complete 180 degree. I have no choice but to sit and watch 'Sweet Home Alabama' with my wife tonite, god save me....

- Raj

Liz Highley said...

Cat,

Fun blog topic! I am a big chick flick fan, too. My all time favorite is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

I love how a good chick flick can make me both laugh and cry. They're the best!

Liz